We were a big part of our church in Idaho Falls. Kery was the Men’s Ministry leader and was also part of a prayer team that met at 6:00 am every Wednesday. We were both part of a Sunday school class held before church. We knew most of the 350 people who attended the church and felt like we were part of a big family. When we got to Washington we didn’t say it, but we both knew it would be nice to get plugged into a church just like our Idaho church. We have been to five different churches and we haven’t got that “this is it” feeling yet. Kery went to one before I got here that he liked accept the music was very loud. He said it was a little like listening to a Christian rock band. He liked that the Spirit was alive there but it just wasn’t “the one”. Then we both went to a big church – maybe 1500 people. The Pastor was a great Pastor – the message was true and timely - the music was “singable” but it was a “mega-church” and in our humble opinion there were too many people for the Pastor to “shepherd”. Then we went to a church of the same “denomination” as we left and there were only 50 people in the whole congregation. It did not say “this is the one”. We went to another one similar to ours in Idaho and it had a few more people in it, but I couldn’t help but to see the Pastor’s wife who sat in the front pew on the left hand side as she frowned and almost scowled at the other parishioners. Since then we have been camping, driving to Idaho or doing something else so we haven’t found a home church yet. I know it’s out there and I know when we walk in we will hear the still small voice say “this is it” – I’m patiently waiting to hear those words.
September 20,2009 - I heard the words in my heart - I think we found our church. Colombia Foursquare. Their praise and worship was awesome...they bring you right to the throne of God. The songs lead you on that Holy Road. We loved it. More later
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment