Monday, August 24, 2009

West Richland, Washington – Books to Read

I have read a lot of good books in my life. To name a few of my favorites:

Watership Down – by Richard Adams

In the Sandleford warren, Fiver, a young runt rabbit who is a seer, receives a frightening vision of his warren's imminent destruction. When he and his brother Hazel fail to convince their chief rabbit of the need to evacuate, they set out on their own with a small band of rabbits to search for a new home, barely eluding the Owsla, the warren's military caste.
The travelling group of rabbits find themselves following the leadership of Hazel, previously an unimportant member of the warren. They travel through dangerous territory, with Bigwig and Silver, both former Owsla, as the only significantly strong rabbits among them.

Follow the River – by James Alexander Thom

Mary Ingles was twenty-three, married, and pregnant, when Shawnee Indians invaded her peaceful Virginia settlement, killed the men and women, then took her captive. For months, she lived with them, unbroken, until she escaped, and followed a thousand mile trail to freedom--an extraordinary story of a pioneer woman who risked her life to return to her people.

Sara Dane – Catherine Gaskin

A great story about the strength of the woman, Sara Dane, who is taken from her Australian home, chained and forced upon a ship heading for another country.
__________________________________

And right now I am reading "Into thin Air". I will write about it when I'm done - it is the story of the Everest trajedy in I believe 1996.

No comments: